....at least until they regain their equilibrium and reject Bushevism...
Politicizing the GSA
Salon uncovered the details of a secret Interior Department plan to gut the Endangered Species Act without consulting Congress, by implementing a set of drastic new regulations which would:
* Eliminate the basic goal of the act: recovery of endangered species;
* Allow projects to proceed that have been determined to threaten species with extinction;
* Allow destruction of all restored habitat within critical habitat areas;
* Prevent critical habitat areas protecting species against disturbance, pesticides, exotic species, and disease;
* Severely limit the listing of new endangered species;
* Allow states to veto endangered species introductions.
Tom Englehardt: The Other Surge