Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I tried to go see Greg Mortenson speak tonight at Colorado College's Shove Chapel, but was turned away because they were at capacity. They said they were broadcasting the talk at nearby Armstrong theater, but that was probably full as well. I had never heard of Greg Mortenson before this morning when a friend emailed me about this lecture. I had bought his book, "Three Cups of Tea" on my new Amazon Kindle this morning, so after being turned away from his lecture I walked over to the Tutt library and read the first chapter. Wow. What a Mensch this guy Greg Mortenson is. What unconditional love to his sister. Enables her to be as full a person as she can be after suffering debilitating effects of meningitis at age three. She dies on her 23rd birthday. He tries to leave a silver chain of hers in her memory on the top of the most difficult peak in the world, K2. But there is so much more to this Mensch. I can't wait to find out just how much more...

No comments: