Monday, June 20, 2005

The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions

I read the 9/11 Commission Report shortly after it came out and at the time I thought it a decent study, very well written, and an excellent beginning of an explanation for the events leading up to 9/11. So, when I was perusing the new non-fiction section of the library last week I picked up this book with the same main title: The 9/11 Commission Report, but with a markedly different subtitle: Omissions and Distortions. I'm just over a 100 pages into it and I have to tell you I am simply astounded. Lots of questions raised that were never investigated--such as why did the head of Pakastan's ISI, Mahmoud Ahmad order Ahmad Umar Sheikh (subsequently in prison for the murder of Daniel Pearl, but that's a whole nother story of ISI and terrorist complicity well told by Bernard Levi) to wire 9/11 ring leader Mohamed Atta $100,000 shortly before 9/11? Here's a link for you: http://demopedia.democraticunderground.com/index.php/Mohamed_Atta

If you prefer the Wall Street Journal for your source here's another one: http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=95001298


Mahmoud Ahmad was forced to retire within a couple of weeks after Mushareff was read the riot act and the story died on the vine. I was highly surprised when I did the research on the web to verify the story. What do you suppose would have happened if Sadaam would have wired $100,000 to Mohamed Atta and the FBI knew it and was able to verify it?

This is just one small item out of a book of surprise after surprise. I'm not sure I'm ready yet though for what I think he's leading up to.... I'll need a lot more convincing to believe our government was complicit in the attack on 9/11...

The 9/11 Commission Report: A 571-Page Lie

No comments: