Friday, November 10, 2006

Ed Bradley: Gone at 65

Woody Creek - Every day that he was at his home here, CBS journalist Ed Bradley would drive his Porsche to the Woody Creek Store and pick up a copy of The New York Times.

Bradley succumbed to leukemia Thursday at age 65 after battling the disease for several years. For nearly 30 years, he sought solace in the Colorado mountains as a break from his fast-paced life chasing the big story around the world.

"Whenever I leave Woody Creek, before I go down to the airport, I always go down to the river and just sit for a minute or two, as long as I have, because it gives me sustenance to go back and do what I do," he told members of the Denver Press Club when he received its Damon Run yon award in 2003.

DenverPost.com - Aspen mourns a friend

Blogged with Flock

No comments: