Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday link round up

Peak Oil is Now: what are you going to do about it?

TomDispatch: A Guide for the Perplexed: Intellectual Fallacies of the War on Terror By Chalmers Johnson

Why is New Zealand scooping the American press again? Destruction of Evidence -- Ohio's 2004 Ballots

Game: Consumer Consequences: Find out if you are living a sustainable life

Congressman Dennis Hastert, R. Ill. announces retirement as Abramoff Scandal nips at his heels

Naomi Klein: Outsourcing Government

NYT Travel section: France goes biking in Paris! Finding Liberte on two wheels

Truthdig: Scott Ritter says we are "On the Eve of Destruction" (That phrase achieves resonance with me because I have a vivid memory of the first time I heard that song sung by Barry McGuire in 1965--it shook me to my core)

Huffington Post: Marty Kaplan asks in a brilliant post: Soros or Murdoch?

No comments: