Tuesday, February 01, 2005

San Diego

Blogging from San Diego this week. Temps in the 70's and sunshine, a welcome respite from the cold snap in Colorado Springs. Not that I don't love Colorado Springs in winter--just that a change of pace/climate is nice from time to time. I'm taking a class in Satellite Communications this week in the San Diego Convention Center.

My first time in San Diego. Very impressed with this attractive city!

Last night after my arrival I found an excellent Italian restaurant in "Old Town" San Diego and had Vegetarian Lasagna and salad as I read the latest "The Nation". The waiter was obviously Italian and very attentive and professional. I had two glasses of California Chardonnay too which were smooth.

It's a bit cool evenings: I need a jacket, but palm trees are everywhere. The weather forecast is for sun all week and highs near 70, lows in the mid 40's.

This morning I sniffed out a trail that took me up to "Mission Hills", an exclusive neighborhood. Wound my way around to "Presidio Park" finding trails that took me back down to Hotel Circle, where I live. Very green and jungle-like!

Class ended at 4PM and plenty of light remained, so I changed into my running clothes in the car and ran from the convention center north to Bay Island and around the bay for an hour. The San Diego skyline impressive and beautiful--sunny and pleasant.

This evening I found a great restaurant on University Avenue (I think UCSD is the school) not far from my hotel. I found it in the Yellow Pages: Khyber Pass an Afghanistan restaurant. I had the vegetarian platter. It had four kinds of rice and some other tasty dishes. I had a bottle of beer too. I may go back up in that neighborhood for dinner before I leave... I spotted an Indian, a Thai, and a couple more Chinese restaurants that looked excellent.

No comments: