Thursday, April 07, 2005

village voice > news > Liberty Beat by Nat Hentoff: Whitewashing Rumsfeld and his Commander in Chief

village voice > news > Liberty Beat by Nat Hentoff:

"I'm perfectly comfortable in telling you [that] our country is one that safeguards human rights and human dignity." -- George W. Bush to a Russian reporter in Slovakia, February 24

"Then [the guard] brought a box of food and he made me stand on it, and he started punishing me. Then a tall black soldier came and put electrical wires on my fingers and toes and on my penis, and I had a bag over my head. Then he was saying, 'which switch is on for electricity?' 'United States of America: Human Dignity Denied: Torture and Accountability in the 'War on Terror,' ' Amnesty International, 200-page report"

No comments: