Sunday, December 12, 2004

Running to Barr Camp

We ran with the Incline Club to Barr Camp and back from Manitou Springs today. Temperature was mild at around 40 when we left from Memorial Park around 8 AM. We climb 3300' though to reach Barr Camp (half way up to the summit of Pikes Peak) and as we neared the "camp" the wind was brisk and I put my coat back on.

Barr Camp has a couple permanent residents. I joined fellow club members inside the main cabin to warm up before heading back down. About 15 miles round trip, the circuit took me about 2hrs45min.

Yesterday Rebekka, Jose, John, and I ran for two hours on the Santa Fe Trail -- from Woodmen north onto the Air Force Academy grounds and back.

We often solve the problems of the world on our long runs. Running is indeed a great social venue. Nietzche once said that he distrusted any thought he didn't come by when walking.... Running/walking frees the mind and lets creative original thoughts flow...

No comments: